What is at Kamaole Beach Park III?
- Kamaole Beach Park III (Kam 3) is a nice soft sandy beach across from our resort in South Kihei to picnic with the family.
- There are lifeguards (ocean safety officers) on duty while the park is open.
- There are lots of benches and BBQ stands which you may use.
- Fresh water outside showers are located throughout the park to rinse off bodies and toes as well.
Many local families choose Kam 3 for birthday parties and other gatherings because it's safe, it's a big park there are lots of places to setup, free parking is convenient and usually available.
Most beaches and water areas will become windy in the afternoon so it's a good idea to go earlier in the day through mid-morning. Otherwise, umbrellas will likely blow away and you'll have sand in your hair.
In the evening, Kam III is a great place to catch the sunset after a long day of exploring Maui!
Keep your eyes open if you’re on the beach at dusk or dawn. We often see large sea turtles swimming right off shore. If the sea turtles come in close, which they do occasionally, do not touch them. It is illegal to touch the sea turtles (we humans have germs that harm the sea turtles).
A fun, inexpensive thing to do is to rent the ocean kayaks or paddle boards off the beach. Morning is usually the best time when the waters are generally calmer.
What Should I Pack?
Other than toiletries, pack a couple pairs of shorts, tank top or tee shirts, flip flops (slippers) and bathing suits! If you forget anything, there are stores aplenty for necessities or the pleasure of shopping.
- Sunglasses and a hat will be beneficial.
- You can pick up sunscreen once you arrive.
- Driver's License Itinerary - make sure to check in
- Health documentation
- e-reader music player
- travel neck pillow
- eyeshade & pillow
- shaving kit
- facial kit
- feminine hygiene products
- lip balm
- contact lense/glasses kit
- oral hygiene products
- showering products
- camera/video camera
Do I need my passport to get to Maui?
Hawaii is the 50th state, you won’t need a passport unless you’re from outside the United States or traveling to another country after Hawaii.
Check out the links below for scheduled events which might peak your interest. No matter what you do, have fun with it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where's the pool?
To reach the nearest pool gate from the condo, exit the front door, turn left, turn left again at the end of the building and follow the sidewalk to the locked gate. Remember to take the gate code provided when you checked in.
What are the pool/ exercise room hours?
Pool is open daily from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm.
NOTE: Daily 8:00 am - 8:30 am is for adults lap swimming only. Kids welcome after 8:30 am every day, but please, no pool toys in the pool.
The exercise room is open daily from 6:30 am - 10 pm.
Pick up a Maui Driving map for the following list of Popular Activities to do on Maui:
- Go to a luau
- Take a helicopter ride
- Take a snorkel boat to Molokini
- Take a sunset dinner cruise
- Drive the road to Hana
- Drive up Haleakala
- Bike down Haleakala
- Go on a whale watch cruise
- Go boating, kayaking or sailing
- Go jet skiing or parasailing
- Take a submarine ride
- Ride a zipline
- Go deep sea fishing
- Go horseback riding
- Ride a motorcycle
- Learn to ride a surfboard
- Enjoy a sunset!